Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I Spy quilt

I Spy Quilt

I have been collecting novelty fabrics for an I Spy quilt for a number of years, so when my grandson was born I was ready to make a quilt. I hadn't decided how to put all of these novelty pieces together, especially since they were of various shapes and sizes. I also have collected a lot of texture fabrics, such as wood, bricks, rock, straw, etc. so finally came up with the idea of combining the two.
I cut the novelty pieces into a square or rectangle that suited the shape of the object, and then added strips of the texture fabric to bring the square or rectangle up to a 6 1/2" square. This simplified the piecing and gave a really nice variety of colors and textures in addition to the novelty objects. Here is the finished quilt top.
This is a close-up of one of the sections of the quilt top.


No comments:

Post a Comment